Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dont forget your socks....

Half the battle of working out is actually getting up, getting dress and walking through the front door of the gym.  We have an on-site gym at work which makes working out convenience yet somewhat awkward.  


Recently, I arrived to the locker room, unzipped my gym bag and noticed I only had one sock.   I knew that if I didnt wear socks with my sneakers (which are approx 12 years old), blusters would form in minutes.  I had spent a hour before pumping myself up for this workout routine with the help of  Queens' infamous "We will rock you" blasting in my office.  So, I was not about to cancel this session .  I searched my bag for any sock-like material and found  my only option....underwear.  I wrapped my foot in my Victoria's Secret cheeky underwear.  I walked to the treadmill confident that my foot is well protected and no one would ever noticed that I had satin pink fabric floating around in my shoe.  

Now, I am not sure if it was the book that I was engulfed in or the fact that I was burning rubber but I had not noticed that my "sock-wear" slipped up around my ankle exposing my secret.  I reached down to take it off but some of the lace was stuck in my pinky toe.  Without creating a more awkward scene, I quickly walked past my staring co-workers to the locker room to recover from humility.  I have not forgotten socks since.





No comments:

Post a Comment