Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Decking the Halls - Part One



I am super excited to be featured on Love, Lindsey blog as she is co-hosting a week of  Creating Christmas with The Girl Creative

I love Christmas and especially creating crafts for the house.   So pump up the Christmas jams and sip on some Eggnog (spiked, obvi) and let your creative juices flow.

Inspired by Pinterest, I wanted to create a festive piece for my mantel


I started with a nice little trip to the thrift store and purchase three (3) 5x7 picture frames for $2.55.  I bought a small bottle of red spray paint and used some fun Christmas paper I found at Michaels.


I spray painted all three frames.  If you want each frame to be the same shade of red (or whichever color you choose, I recommend using a primer). 

Next, I searched for fun fonts to use.  There are several free fonts online  but I used the general fonts in Microsoft Office.  I printed directly on the scrapbook paper.  I traced the letters with a black sharpie to enhance the color.

The glass from the picture frame is a useful guide.

This is a handy tool for swift cutting but regular scissors work just fine.

After all pieces are cut, place in frame.  I choose not to use the picture frame glass.  Voila!

 :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

3 comments:

  1. I can see by your mantel that your place is full of Christmas fun! I miss you! We need to get together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it mom!...i mean complete stranger ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the most creative creature on planet earth!!!!!

    ReplyDelete