Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Girl With The Cute Shoes

Like most humans on plant Earth, I begin my workdays with a field trip to Starbucks.  A couple of things happen when you walk through the door(s) of Starbucks


1.  Small butterflies (aka tummy bats) begin to flutter in your belly as you realize your are only minutes away from sipping on a tall non-fat, no foam, no water, Chai Tea latte...no judging


2.  Secret conversations are being held in your mind as you look around the coffee shop:
"Where in the world did she get that sweater, its fabulous"
"His belt and shoes do not correlate. His wife probably forgot to lay out his clothes last night"
"That handbag is to die for.  Perhaps I can forego half of my paycheck to purchase one as well."
"Did she honestly think she could walk through these doors without being judged.  Heels and boxers, really??"
"Are those titanium cuff links?"

One particular morning my eyes wondered a little too intensely as I fell in love with shoes worn by the girl in front me.  Normal people would approach this person and politely ask, "I really like your shoes.  Where did you get them?"  Unfortunately, I took the creepy approach and pretended to text on my phone while pointing the camera toward her feet. (You know you have done this).  This act would have gone unnoticed if it weren't for my flash and camera sound that followed.  Taken aback by being exposed, I played it off by saying, "whoa, why is my camera shooting random pictures."  Not sure anyone bought it.  The people behind me probably thought I had a foot fetish.  I am sure she was creeped out.


After the ordeal, I was thankful that I captured a picture of these cute shoes so I could search online and order.


Creepy picture I took (and even creepier that I am blogging about her)


The Actual Shoe





2 comments:

  1. A) I love Starbucks and their Chai Tea latte
    B) The conversations in your head are epic because well let's face it... it totally happens
    C) You would do something like this
    D) It's sad that the moment I saw the picture you took, I knew exactly what shoes they were! They are in my cart on amazon with a million other boat shoes... I just couldn't decide, but I LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you are hilarious! And I will admit, I've done the exact same thing ;)

    ReplyDelete