Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gen X vs. Gen Z

    
Juice, 13 years old going on 19, wants a facebook account.  She cannot have one due to two (2) reasons:  1.) There are creepy people out there and 2.) There are super creepy people out there.  In my day, we had a spiral notebook and No.2 lead pencil if we wanted to write to our friends.  A "wall" was used to display my posters of Corey Haim and Siberian tigers, not something I commented "OMG, I miss you so much xoxoxo" when I just saw them in the hallway.  


In Juice's quest to change my mind about Facebook, I received this email:  
Dear Mother
I, The Juice, have a question for you, Jami Lynn. All my friends have a Facebook and I feel left out that I am unable to join in on the facebook fun. I am willing to do anything you ask. Clean my room? You got it! Do the dishes? Of course! I promise that i will not put up anything thing bad and also to keep pictures of myself to a minimum. 
           Remember I love you very much and i respect you and what you decide. You  can frequently look on my page and post stuff on my wall. I will even be your buddy! Just remember I love you. 
With all love,
The Juice
Convincing but the answer is still no.   If only she could experienced the joy I had when it was Oregon Trail day in the computer lab.


3 comments:

  1. Laughed out loud at this one :) Pretty sure me and juice are the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now know how you were as a child....i just observe Juice (a.k.a. Little Lindsey)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely digging the Oregon Trail reference... Oh my goodness I loved playing that!

    ReplyDelete