When a couple comes together and decides to share a living habitat, two (2) things could happen:
1. You realize that the things you once found cute and adorable are no longer tolerable and annoy the hell out of you
OR
2. You receive internal confirmation that your new roommate adds so much value in your everyday life and living together is the best decision you made.
I'm blessed to be able to experience the latter. With that said, I have been exposed to toys and hobbies that I was unaware of when we lived separately. I am amused and entertained by The Boo’s interest level on subjects I find subpar. For illustration purposes, I want to share a couple of these toys and hobbies.
Note: Most of the time, I run my blogs by The Boo before exposing our lives to the world wide web. When I explained that I will be only be illustrating two (2) of his interests, he responded with “Wait, what about my love for Lance….I’m a cyclist". I fell silent.
Toys and Hobbies
1. Fish tanks
2. Beer
3. Cycling (I was strongly encouraged (aka forced) to include this hobby but I am not certain I am ready to discuss his skin tight shorts and florescent USA themed shirts).
For now, I'll discuss the fish and beer. Cycling and his man crash on Lance deserves its own post.
The Tank
In a man’s world, bigger is better. I suppose this is true in a women’s world as well but we won’t go there. With that said, Booface decided to upgrade his 20 gallon fish tank. Careful planning and attention went into this project. After several hours of painting, siphoning and transporting bucket(s) of water from the bathtub to the living room (love the sound of H2O bombing my freshly mopped wood floors), he transformed his mini tank to a 60 gallon liquid heaven for his fish. I'm pretty sure a small person would be able to do laps in this.
Beer
Let me preface by saying I am a fan of beer consumption. There is nothing better than a cold brewski on a summer day at the beach. I'm referring to The Boo’s need to master the art of brewing beer. With a home brewing class under his belt and the purchase of the necessary equipment/ ingredients, he was ready to concoct his first batch. This attempt resulted in a frothy explosion during the fermenting stage. I was the fortunate one to discover this failed experiment when I came home from work. Now, I’m pretty sure we can all relate to the smell of stale beer at our local watering hole. And I know you all (all 1.5 of you reading this) have experienced the sticky sensation felt while walking through a dive bar. So you must understand the environment this explosion created. Welcome to my garage.
The second attempt was successful-ish and we launched a unveiling party of his masterpiece.
“Babe, I am not sure this batch has a lot of alcohol content, so I think we should chug and wait to see what happens” - The Boo
Awesome. I am going to stop there.
Boys must be chemically engineered to seek fulfillment from experimenting and building. Thanks Bill Nye.


I can't wait for the post on Lance... just saying...
ReplyDeleteabsolutely amazing!!! live strong.
ReplyDeleteThe cycling does indeed deserve its own post. AND that fish tank is a serious upgrade. Oh, how I love you two
ReplyDelete