Now that I am a parent, I have to admit that I have a
Friday, November 18, 2011
Getting kicked out of the "Cool" zone
Challenge me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure we all have suffered embarrassment from our parents during our youth. There comes a time when parents involuntarily leave the "cool" zone and enter the "embarrassing" zone. My mother took embarrassment to a whole new level. Instead of granting my request to drop me off a block away from the middle school, she would drive on the sidewalk and grassy field while honking her horn to announce my arrival. I could write on book solely on these examples. For those of you I grew up with and had the pleasure of witnessing these encounters, thank you for pointing and laughing at me.
Now that I am a parent, I have to admit that I have alarge small amount of pleasure by testing Juice's threshold. Depressingly, I am only steps away being terminated from the cool zone. She no longer joins me when I bust out my sweet dance moves in the grocery store. She now runs to the car. So in desperate efforts to remain to remain cool without mortifying my daughter, I decided to get creative with her lunch today. Inspired by Buddy the Elf, I packed her a surprise for her mid day meal.
Now that I am a parent, I have to admit that I have a
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hahahaha thi is so great!!! She will love it!!
ReplyDeleteExpired
ReplyDelete